Haribhai. V.Desai College,
596, Budhwar Peth, Pune - 411002,
Phone : 020-24450373 Extn. 241/242
- Before entering the Library / Reading Hall, register your visit, by adding your name in the entry register, which is placed near the entrance.
- Please wear your Identity Card till you leave the Library
- Reference books are available for use with in the library only.
- If books are not return on or before the due date, fine will be charged.
- Readers can borrow the books belonging to his/her subjects only
- Replace the Chairs after use.
- Student Computer Terminal is available only for Study and Research.
- Readers should deposit their belongings at the Place provided for the same.
- Chewing Chui gums, Smoking, Spiting, Loud conversation, mobiles and similar objectionable practices are forbidden in the library.
- Readers are responsible for any damage done by them to the books and other property belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such books or other property damaged.
- The Library Attendant at the Entrance and Exit Counter is authorized to examine anything that passes into or out of the Library.
- Face book, Chatting, Twitter etc. are not allowed on the Student Terminal.
- (XIII) The Librarian will have power to suspend the use of card of any reader or deny the use of the Library to any reader found neglecting to comply any Library rules
Library have balanced and up to date collection of Text Books and Reference Books on all relevant subjects of Arts, Science, Commerce, Computer Science, BBA, BCA, . It has separate section of COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION CENTRE.
Procedure to Avail Library Facility
- At the beginning of each year, Library Card will be issued to all the students who have enrolled their Names for courses of the Haribhai V. Desai College.
- Visit the Library with your fee receipt
- Fill all the information on the card and paste your recent passport size photograph
- Get the signature of the librarian.
- The library fee is collected at the time of admission only. There is no any separate fee charged by the library for using the library facilities.
- Get Issue Library Card form the Counter
- Stamped the photograph from the library counter
- Get access of the library
Over Due Charges
Please return the library books to the library on or before last date stamped on the Due Date Slip, otherwise Two Rupees per day (including holidays-after the due date) will be collected as overdue charges. Reissue of the Book is possible by checking availability / demand of the book.
Apart from the allotted number of books in each category, extra books will be issued to the students on their I-card for reading hall purpose only. These books must be returned on same day.
Newspapers, Magazines, Journals and Reference Books are meant only for reference inside the Library. Students and Staff are requested not to pressurize the library staff to issue reference books. Let us not deny the opportunity of others in utilizing those books. Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Multiple Volume Books, Year Books, Entrance Exam Books, Government Publications, Maps, General Knowledge Books, One copy of text books, Popular Books and some other titles as decided by Librarian will be in the Reference Section.
- Wear your Identity Card
- Avoid using cell phones.
- Kindly maintain silence while browsing.
- Keep your bags and books in the Bag counter
- Don’t stand behind the chairs, please wait for your turn.
- Pen Drive not allowed
- Browsing Non Academic Sites or Social Networking Sites not allowed.
- Please use it for academic purpose only.
British Library, Pune
Renewal of Membership
Staffs are requested to return their books before 30th April of every year (to facilitate the process of renewing their membership, so that they can take books for next academic year.
- The idea of ‘Today’s thought’- is continued in this year. In this activity every day an inspirational thought is to be displayed on the library notice board. Students and faculty members were actively participated in the activity by providing innovative thoughts.
- The idea of ‘My Library My Book’ – It is collection development policy of the library. In this activity library has collected books as a donation from faculty members and students. This year Principal Dr. G. R. Pathade, Dr. A. P. Kulkarni, Dr. G. D. Raut, Dr. P. V. Pandare, Prof. Piyush Pahade, Dr. Shradha Prasad, Santosh P. Khajindar, Shri Ajit K. Gandhi, Shri Shailendra N. Kamble etc. donated books to the library. Library has also received reference books from the project of Dr. G. R. Pathade, Dr. Anita Sathe, Dr. Rajashree Patwardhan, Dr. Sunil Hande, Prof. Prakash Chattesse. Dr. Shradha Prasad, Prof. S. V. Ambad, Dr. Mahaveer Sankla.
- Enrichment of library by additional more than 2200 latest books and magazines in the academic year 2015-16.
- Circulation of Books and Periodicals
- Distribution of I-cards
- Bar-coding of New Books
- Under UGC – INFLIBNET ‘N-List’ Programme access of e_books and e_journals is provided to the students and faculty members.
- Book Bank facility for needy students.
- User Orientation Programme : library has conducted user orientation programme for the library users. Librarian, Santosh P. Khajindar has been given information to the user about library facility and services provided by the library. Dr. G. D. Raut, Dr. G. S. Gugale, Prof. K. K. Bagdane has also guided the students about utilization of reference books.
- Library had organized ‘Book Exhibition’ and ‘Wachan Prerna Din’ on the Occasion of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s Birthday. Dr. Girish Pathade, Dr. Rajshree Patwardhan, Santosh P. Khajindar has given guidance to the students. Mr. Shailesh Prajapati,
- Marathi Rajbhasha Din : Library has organized ‘Marathi Rajbhasha Din’ on 27 February 2016. Dr. Girish Pathade express his thoughts about reading habit. Dr. A. P. Kulkarni, Dr. Ganesh Raut, Dr. Prabhakar Ghodke express their views.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti : Library had celebrated Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s 125th Birth Anniversary. On this occasion Dr. Neeta bokil express her thought on ‘Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Social and Political Thoughts. Principal Dr. Girish Pathade, Dr. A. P. Kulkarni has express their views on Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s reading habit and his constitution towards right of vote and democracy. Santosh Khajindar has given information about Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s personal library. Mr. Shailes Prajapati, Mr. Nandkumar Indapurkar, Mr. Chandrakant Shelar, Mr. Ramesh Chavan & Mr. Girish Joshi took special efforts for the success of this programme.