DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
Established in 1994
Accountancy and Cost Accountancy form basic framework of business, aim of the department is conceptual clarity about accountancy and cost accountancy so that it can be applied in practice for any job specialties and also for personal use.The subjects provides an overview about the application of accounting principles in corporate sectors as well as the concepts in management accounting which are necessary for corporate decision making. Advanced aspects of financial accounting and external reporting with particular reference to developments in accounting theory and professional standards are taught to students.
F.Y.B.Com Boys 180 Girls 180 Total 360
S.Y.B.Com Boys 180 Girls 180 Total 360
T.Y.B.Com Boys 180 Girls 180 Total 360
- Organised state level conference on ‘Student Centric Learning Modules’
B.Com - 79.5%
B.Com - 67.5%
Department of Commerce and Research Centre, Savitribai Phule Pune University
DEPARTMENTAL EXPERTISE AND SERVICES
- Dr.Y.M.Mithare and Dr.Mrs. A.S.Sathe are acting as ‘Research Guides for M.Phil and Ph.D. course affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Rigorous training is provided in the Tally course as well as for soft skill development. Guidance for various competitive examinations is also provided.
- Department also makes efforts for the placements of the students.
- Programmes are conducted in other colleges related to career guidance, guidance in Tally computing, etc. Also, NET/SET guidance is provided by organizing seminars.
- Dr. Y.M. Mithare is awarded as ‘Best Teacher’ for the academic year by Uttar
Bhartiya Sangh and Dr.Mrs. Anita Sathe was awarded as best teacher by Poona Gujrati Kelvani Mandal during the year 2015-16.
- Dr.Mrs. A S Sathe acted as a Resource person for Delhi University for E-Learning Sessions.
- All the professors have presented papers at the National and International level.
- Department is equipped with 3 computers, also computer lab is made available for guiding the students in mechanized accounting.
- The department plans to enhance hard skills by organising Tally course for F.Y.B.com Students
- The department plans to organise skill development programmes for the students.