The Department of English of Haribhai V. Desai College was established in the academic year 1995.
Initially, the Courses taught to the students were Compulsory & Optional English. The department undertook teaching to the undergraduate students of Arts, Commerce & Science Faculties. The Special Courses were introduced at S. Y.& T.Y. B.A. level later on. At present, these courses are regularly taught with full number of students at S. Y.& T.Y. B.A.
There are three fulltime highly qualified &experienced teachers in this department. The department implements various academic & extra-curricular activities regularly for the betterment of the students. The academic performance of the students & their Placement is highly remarkable.
The teaching faculties are always engaged in academic, research & other students Centric activities.
F.Y.B.A Boys 67 Girls 52 Total 119
S.Y.B.A Boys 64 Girls 57 Total 121
T.Y.B.A Boys 44 Girls 43 Total 87
F.Y.B.A Boys 60 Girls 83 Total 143
S.Y.B.A Boys 62 Girls 41 Total 103
T.Y.B.A Boys 32 Girls 29 Total 61
F.Y.B.A Boys 84 Girls 87 Total 171
S.Y.B.A Boys 49 Girls 39 Total 88
T.Y.B.A Boys 41 Girls 24 Total 65
F.Y.B.A Boys 87 Girls 35 Total 122
S.Y.B.A Boys 47 Girls 23 Total 70
T.Y.B.A Boys 25 Girls 36 Total 61
F.Y.B.A Boys 87 Girls 32 Total 119
S.Y.B.A Boys 37 Girls 45 Total 82
T.Y.B.A Boys 24 Girls 34 Total 58
- Students’ of department of English qualified for state-level research competition named Avishkar for two years.
- More than sixty percent students of the department are pursuing their P.G. and higher education.
- More than thirty percent students are placed at government and private sectors.
- Around ten percent students have started their own business.
- Some students have participated in inter-collegiate and inter-university competitions and other activities.
- Department of English have successfully completed two minor research projects and applied for more.
- Teachers of the department have published and presented several research articles in distinct state/national/international journals/seminars and conferences.
- The Department organised two state-level conferences and one F. D. P. and several short-term courses for students.
- Two faculties have successfully completed their doctoral research work and the third one too, has been pursuing the same.
F.Y.B.A - 82%
S.Y.B.A - 56%
T.Y.B.A - 59%
The department is planning to have tie-ups with the department of English SPPU & Kisanveer Mahavidyalaya ,Wai, Dist. Satara ( Shivaji University)