Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Objectives, Strategies, Functions, Benefits, Operational Features and Monitoring Mechanisms.
Internal Quality Assuarance cell came into being in 2004. It has made its mark in the governance strategies of the organization. Initially just as one of the committees, today IQAC decides the fabric of the organization. Its all-inclusive policies have helped the organization to flourish academically and be a better part of the community. IQAC has become a trendsetter in creating a responsible and work promoting healthy environment. It not only takes care of the academics, it is also an administrative body that assures a multilevel multidimensional approach for overall development of the organization.
Objectives of IQAC
Development of Academic & Administrative Performance in a Conscious, Consistent and Catalytic manner, in tune with dynamically changing scenarios
- Development of benchmarks and their application for academic and administrative activities.
- Effective organizational communication with respect to quality parameters and their implementation.
- Promotion of quality circles through seminars, lectures, workshops, etc.
- Effective documentation for quality improvement.
- Preparation of AQAR and its submission to NAAC in a timely manner.
- Developing Feedback mechanism and effectively implementing it.
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra-institutional workshops, seminars on quality-related themes, and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Operational Features of the IQAC
The main objective of IQAC is to achieve the organizational objectives with conscious quality checks to give the beneficiary the best education. The process has to be simple, achievable, and efficient. The IQAC should assure the growth and quality of the organization. Growth in terms of infrastructure, facilities, qualitative and quantitative improvement in the workforce. It should also increase the number of courses, number of beneficiaries, and their improved thought process beneficial to the community and the individual at large. Quality in terms of catering to the needs, efficiency in catering to the needs, end-user benefits, best infrastructure, and its best utility. A facilitator who wilfully promotes learning and makes it easy for the beneficiary. Promoting devotion and commitment to learning. IQAC does this by setting checks, procedures, and instruments. It also collects data and various aspects of institutional functioning.
- Timely submission of AQAR to NAAC.
- Continuous promotional and vigilant approach to assure quality education.
- Promoting teaching fraternity to learn new and to keep them updated in their subjects.
- Promoting quality through guest lectures, teacher’s academy, teacher training workshops, etc.
- Interacting with other organizations IQAC and understanding their quality procedures to update quality initiatives.